After seeing Cupcakes and Cashmere’s post on Rules of Summer here, I was inspired to make one of my own. As today is officially the first day of summer, I thought it would be fitting to share what I want to learn and achieve this summer, and to embrace what this glorious season has to offer. Although this heat wave in Toronto seems to be getting a little carried away -- it is supposed to feel like 41 today!
My Summer List:
1. Grow my hair out long enough to braid (before the end of summer, please!)
2. Go strawberry and cherry picking and then base our meals around them.
3. Make s’mores.
4. Play tennis and become good at it again (I used to take lessons when I was younger).
5. Take a weekend getaway.
6. Learn to do my own nail designs.
7. Take lots of walks/hikes.
8. Have a biscotti making party (the boyfriend's mom makes the best biscotti ever).
9. Wake up super early and enjoy as many sunrises on the balcony.
10. Create a Hawaii themed weekend (the boyfriend and I took our first trip to Kauai last year and are missing it desperately).
|Mango, pineapple, guava, apple banana, and lilikoi (Hawaiian passion fruit) gelato|
|Tennis courts outside our condo (which we never used)|
|First sunset in Kauai|
All photos taken in Kauai, Hawaii.