For the past few weeks my Instagram feed has been inundated with hearts, hearts, and more hearts. Which can only mean one thing: Valentine’s Day must be right around the corner. I ultimately caved,
Rice Krispie Lollipop Hearts (makes around 15):
Adapted from this recipe here.
- 45 large marshmallows
- 5 tbsp butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispie cereal
- 1 tsp red food colouring
- 2 cups candy melts (vanilla flavoured or white chocolate)
- 1 cup heart sprinkles
- lollipop sticks
- heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Place butter and marshmallows in a very large bowl and heat on high in the microwave for 2 minutes. Remove, stir, and heat for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave and stir well with a spatula until marshmallows and butter are fully combined.
- Add food coloring to the mixture and mix well. Stir in Rice Krispies and quickly mix until fully combined.
- On a baking sheet lined with wax paper, spread the Rice Krispie mixture on, about 9x13x½ inch thick. Let cool slightly, then cut out heart shapes with a cookie cutter and set aside.
- Place the sprinkles in a wide flat bowl and set aside.
- Place the candy melts in a bowl and heat in the microwave for 1 minute at 50% power or defrost setting. Remove, stir, then place back in microwave and heat for another minute at 50% power or defrost setting. Stir well until completely melted.
- Dunk the Rice Krispie hearts in the melted candy melts, coating a thin layer on both sides. Use a knife to spread the coating evenly.
- Coat the hearts generously with the sprinkles on both sides.
- Insert lollipop sticks in the bottom of each heart.
Happy Valentine’s Day! <3