All I want for Christmas is…Nick Carter. Ok fine, something more realistic? I’ll settle for some gooey chocolate peppermint crunch cookies then. It’s Christmas Eve eve, so naturally I’ve been baking up quite a storm. Chocolate and peppermint go hand in hand during the holidays, kind of like how Nick and I go hand in hand but that’s another story. I whipped up the ultimate chocolate peppermint cookies, and cannot stop stuffing my face with them. Soft and chewy, each bite is filled with the richness of dark chocolate intertwined with the crunchiness of peppermint pieces, and candy candy pieces. These are the perfect holiday cookies to snuggle up with on Christmas morning, with a cup of coffee, tea, or even some hot chocolate. Christmas coziness.
Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Cookies (makes 3 dozen)
Slightly modified from this recipe here.
- 2 ½ cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¾ cup Dutch processed cocoa
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate or bittersweet chocolate chips (I used Ghirardelli)
- 1 cup crushed Ghirardelli peppermint bark
- ½ cup crushed candy canes
- Preheat the over to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa together. Set aside.
- Using a mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time and beat together. Add the vanilla and peppermint extract and mix until just combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture in and beat until just combined. Do not over mix. Stir in the chocolate chips and peppermint bark pieces.
- Place the crushed candy canes in a small bowl. If you don't have crushed candy canes, place 6 or 7 candy canes on a cutting board, wrap them in plastic wrap, and bang on them using a rolling pin until crushed.
- Using a spoon or ice cream scoop, scoop a large tablespoon size dough and roll into a ball. Roll the dough in the crushed candy canes until lightly coated and place the cookies on the baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes (do not over bake), then remove from oven and let sit on the baking sheet for 3 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack to cool completely.
Hope everyone has a safe and Merry Christmas!
Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Cookies looks yummy and very easy to make, though I always fail to make the cookies softly you have made it so nicely. I will make it soon.ReplyDelete
Known to be stuffed with cancer prevention agents than any vegetable and organic product could give you, it doesn't in any capacity mean you will live on black coffee for the duration of the day! HelixReplyDelete
canada goose jacket
kyrie 5 shoes
golden goose sneakers
I really appreciate this wonderful post that you have provided for us. I assure this would be beneficial for most of the people. KratomReplyDelete
u7m65a8k88 i0m90v5r30 s2p59f1p71 k4i35z7y85 x2j22j4e34 k8e52v5m64ReplyDelete
u2o64w5v48 q1g76r2u55 p6i40q5t35 q5s28r3o17 j7w84a2x18 i3y99p2u54ReplyDelete